Oh, 2011, how you’ve fretted me so.
I’ve been feeling like my goal of having a healthy (mind, body, and soul) year is not in the works, and yet I refuse to accept that. SO THERE! I’ll see a doc on Monday and hope that they can help me rid me of the knee pain that has not given me a break yet. Still, pain or no, I know that my life still has much to be grateful of. Yes, yes, it does.
1. Ravens! Haha, I know tha’ts kind of funny to put first, but it is very exciting to be in a city with a team proceeding in the Play-offs. We’ve had rally’s at work and seen lots of purple all over town.
2. A booked vacation! Will be heading to Arkansas next month to spend time with family and friends – it’s over-due and much needed.
3. A “go” for a project to go live this weekend for work. I know I posted this before for another project, but it’s always exciting. I’ll be in the office on Saturday and planning to see success!
4. That my back pain has been removed – thanks to a few days of muscle relaxers!
5. A friend’s son survived a bomb that killed several he was with. He has a ways to go in recovery and can use your prayers (his name is Jay), but he’s made it through the danger zone and is back in the US.
6. Music. A couple of songs on a cd my friend made for me have been sticking with me. They are:
If you gotta start somewhere why not here
If you gotta start sometime why not now
If we gotta start somewhere I say here
If we gotta start sometime I say now
TOBYMAC – City on our Knees
‘Cause I don’t want to live like I don’t care.
I don’t want to say another empty prayer.
Oh, I refuse to
Sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself.
Oh, I could choose
Not to move but I refuse.
I Refuse by Josh Wilson
7. An “Acts of Kindness” daily calendar that a friend gave me for my birthday. It’s a nice way to start my work day to get in and read.
8. That my foster kittens are no longer afraid of me or Annabelle!
Those last two are just for me, so are light on details. 🙂